Sunday, October 31, 2010

So....What's The Plan Anyway?

Ok.....so in my first attempt at blogging I admitted that I've allowed myself to grow too big for my britches.  I promised that I would keep you up to date on my progress, but may have left you wondering, well exactly what is the plan?  How is she going to do it?  Well, truth is I don't have a hard and fast plan, but I do have hard and fast goals.

  • Wear my wedding bands again (that's right!  Can't squeeze them over the sausage fingers!)
  • Chase the kiddos around the park with the same energy and enthusiasm that I used to
  • Get back into my clothes!! 
  • I have a dress I hope to wear for my birthday.....3.5 months to go!! 
I'm thinking the biggest question you may be thinking of is so what's the bottom line?  What's the damage?  How much does she weigh?  Truth is, I don't really know.  I could guess, and would probably be fairly close, but exactly to the ounce, I truly don't know.  Worse truth, I don't want to.  See, the thing is the LAST time I dared to stand on the scale, I topped out at 2 pounds OVER what I weighed the last time I checked into a hospital as a patient.  Which, if you're wondering, was the last time I gave birth!  Yup.  I weighed MORE than I did at 9 months pregnant, with 9 pounds of baby, and a heap of pounds of all that stuff that comes along with it.  Now, I will step on that scale again someday, but not until I know I wont fall in a pile on the ground and create a puddle of tears.

So, for the plan, I have developed one habit that I KNOW I need to eliminate.  After my youngest child was born, I developed a soda habit, the sugar and caffenine was a jolt I needed to help boost my energy.  Well, I usually drink 2 sodas a day, and those are not diet drinks, just totally empty calories going right to the pop belly.  That will stop. 

When I am making my kids lunches, I snack as I pack.  Pack some chips, taste a few, make a PB & J sandwich, lick the PB off the knife before putting it in the sink....I am sure you know what I am talking about.  I eat sometimes without really even realizing that I am doing it!  That will stop.

♪ ♫ ♪ I like to MOVE IT MOVE IT!  That's right!  I need to bust a move baby!  I used to be very active, but now, I am pretty much a slug.  So...back to the Gym, back to Wii Fit, a walk around the river, whatever I need to do, I will do a minimum of 30 minutes of pure excercise a day.  

And for now....that will do.   Tomorrow is my official start day, I figure that on halloween day, I want to allow myself the luxury of one last 100,000 bar before I buckle down and stick to the program!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

So tell me, what's YOUR take on it?