Wednesday, November 3, 2010

New Cars Are Nice And All.....But.......

Ok, so my husband got a new car today.  It's all shiny, and new, and pretty, and smells good inside.  We needed this new car, our old one served us well.  We had it for 10 years and clocked over 160,000 miles on it.  But the thing is, I kind of resent that new car a little bit.  Ok, truth be told, I kind of resent that new car a lot.  Now don't get me wrong, I'd much rather be the passenger in his shiny new car which has each of its hubcaps (something that cannot be said about the former) then in the clunker, but each time I look at it I will with a small pang of regret remember that this car is one of the reasons we decided not to take our trip to Disney this year.  I know, I must be crazy, right? (well, actually, I am not crazy, just a little neurotic.....NDM#147 when you get right down to it...but there are at least 146 before me, and hundreds after.  Each of them who share this neurosis will totally understand my gripe with the new car) And, it won't be long before there is another reminder in my driveway of  "The Year of A Zeroion Trips."  That's right folks, I need a new one too, another roadblock in my quest to return home to see the fantasmically shiny Walt Disney World gates.   I will learn to love this car, surely I will, but for now, I choose to sulk for just a little bit.

BUT....in other news...I am doing well on "The Plan"!  Ok, I may have slid a little today indulging in what is sure to NOT be a low fat lunch of Olive Garden Soup and Salad, but I have indeed been doing well in monitoring what I eat and working it off by doing at least 30 minutes of excercise each day.  Things are looking up! :)

1 comment:

  1. Great post Megan! And it was a great lunch! Next time (cause there will be a next time) we can ask for the low-fat salad dressing... Or, we can just indulge and enjoy it :)

    ReplyDelete

So tell me, what's YOUR take on it?