Sunday, November 21, 2010

Sleigh Bells Ring......Are You Listening.....

The holidays are coming....yes they are and it really IS the most wonderful time of the year, but the hardest time of the year to stay on board with a sensible eating plan.  After all, if you indulge in too much apple pie you can simply choose to wear the nice and cozy chunky sweater that hides it!

But....I will try and stick with the plan.  The good news is, my husband has decided that he too would like to shave off a few El Bees so....it will be much easier to be good when HE is watching and I don't cook a separate skimpy meal for myself while going all out for the other family members.  So I went to the market today and LOADED up and fresh fruits and veggies, and skipped over all but the leanest cuts of poultry and seafood.  So....though I imagine we will both gladly accept the free pass for over indulgence on Thursday, we will hop right back on the wagon on Friday.

I was really busy this week, and barely had time to think about food but I did do my best to remain sensible.  I must shamefully admit that I gave into the craving twice, and indulged in a Cherry Coke.  Sugar, caffeine and all.  I felt a little badly about it, but it was yummmmmmmmEEEEE!  Nobody's perfect.  Especially not me! :)  Happy Thanksgiving week everyone, I hope you enjoy a wonderful holiday surrounded with the people you love.

XO

No comments:

Post a Comment

So tell me, what's YOUR take on it?